Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Thursday, April 27, 2006

Broken/Crooked Nose

People have been asking me about my broken nose so here's the story:

I went on a business trip to Dallas 2 months ago. I then took the day off from work the day after I returned and decided to take Nathan to the store to give Dan a break from taking care of him while I was gone (plus we needed groceries!). While I was dressing Nathan in my lap, he got mad at me for some reason and flung his head backwards into my nose. I heard a crack and thought he broke my glasses, but when the pain was still throbbing after a minute, I knew he did some damage. We went to the ER and discovered that I had a hairline fracture. Not much I could do except put some ice on it. Thank goodness I didn't have to put any kind of bandage on my nose. Those of you who know about my knack of breaking bones, I can now add this to my list of broken body parts. To this day, Dan claims that my nose is still a bit crooked from that incident.

Moral of the story is: If your child has a hard head like Nathan, turn your head away from them when they start getting angry! We've learned our lesson.

3 Comments:

Blogger Beannie's Log said...

I was happy last night too! Justice has been served!!

4/27/2006 10:34 AM  
Blogger yellowinter said...

OUCH!

4/28/2006 7:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so sorry to hear! I hope your feeling better. I just found out about your blog from J.Lee:) Soo:)

5/27/2006 12:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home