Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Thursday, May 04, 2006

Anger and Grudges

So, Dan recently bought me the Chronicles of Narnia series and I’m on the 4th book right now (“Prince Caspian”). As I read through and watched “The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe”, I couldn’t help but think about God’s grace and forgiveness during the part where Aslan forgives Edmund for his sins. I realized for myself that I’m still learning about grace and forgiving those who have really hurt me. Just as the “Witch” persuaded Edmund to do those horrible things with lies and deceit, he persuades me with lies and hits me where I am weak to feed my grudges. I grew up in a very critical and judgmental environment and I realized that I’ve become that person myself. Dan sent me this link to John Piper’s website about this very topic: http://www.desiringgod.org/library/sermons/84/121684.html

As I continually read through this, I’m constantly reminded how much we need Christ and that I have much to learn about grace and forgiving others. My heart needs to be purified through His Righteousness, not my own.

2 Comments:

Blogger yellowinter said...

i just finished "prince caspian" just yesterday! it's a great series. i can't believe i never read it before. definitely worth reading it with your kids. :)
thanks for sharing the link. i'll have to check it out over the weekend.

5/04/2006 6:36 PM  
Blogger C. H. Green said...

I struggle with the forgiveness thing daily. I'm glad to know I'm not alone.

5/21/2006 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home