Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Thursday, January 04, 2007

New Year

2006 was a year of uncertainty for us as we had to find a new church. After 3 churches, we've been pretty happy with Cornerstone Presbyterian for the past 5 months (great humble pastor, biblically sound, really nice people, great kid's program, lots of parents our age with 1-2 kids, agreement on mission statement, etc). They've already asked me to play organ temporarily for the past month as their organist went on maternity leave and is due this month. I really believe that God sent us there as it was perfect timing. The girl actually asked if I could do it fulltime as she never really wanted to do it in the first place. Their praise team also asked me to play keyboard since they don't have one either. We really have to pray about it and we want to make sure we're going to commit fully. I want to wait until we're members before we "sign up" for anything permanently because I want to avoid getting burned. Maybe I don't have enough faith, but I'm just so afraid of getting hurt. I need to let go of past hurts, but it's so hard to forgive and forget. If you can, please remember to pray for me.

On a lighter note, for Christmas I just got the new 30 GB Apple Ipod to replace my first generation 5 GB Ipod. I seriously needed to upgrade...it's so much lighter and I can now put more of my CD's on there. I've been busy the past week ripping all my CDs...I didn't realize I had over 250 CD's on my shelf and I still have more to go! I really indulged in buying CD's during my college and post college years.

Only a week and a half left for the new season of "24"!! I can't believe it's going to be a 4 hour premiere.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand about being burned. But have comfort that those that hurt you has hurt Him. You have such a musical talent and you should use it for his glory. I wish that you could have stayed with us in GCF but I see that God had a purpose for you and D and even little N. I will pray for you.

Wow over 250 cds. That's awesome. hey, I'm starting to get back into Christian music are there any albums that you'd recommend?

4 hour premiere of 24! Can it be true?! I can't wait.

1/04/2007 9:33 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i will definitely pray for your commitment to your new church. i know God will use you, regardless of whether you decide to play or not. that's a lot of cds.
we'll have to get together w/ allie and talk about 24 once it gets started. heh heh

1/04/2007 5:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'll pray for courage. c always says to me that i shouldn't be surprised when people(at church) sin against you. it's just what we do to one another, unfortunately. nonetheless, God uses even those broken and hurtful relationships somehow. i will pray that God will give you wisdom and courage to know how and when to serve.

1/04/2007 10:19 PM  
Blogger Soo Han said...

It is so hard to forgive and forget. I usually end up doing one without the other. Will keep you in my prayers.

Do you know the exact date that 24 is starting up again? I can't keep track between that and Lost!

1/08/2007 1:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home