Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

2 Year Checkup

So Nathan had his 2 year checkup yesterday. He's now 34 3/4" (65th percentile), 24 lbs (15th percentile) and head size is 19" (45th percentile). I can't believe he grew over 4 inches since his 1 year checkup. He was so good when the doctor was checking him...we were shocked because at the 15 and 18 month appt, he was screaming when the doctor came near him. The doctor gave us some good tips on handling his temper tantrums, eating habits, disciplining, his manipulations and need for control. Consistency is the key! Even while we were there, we were watching him manipulate me....while the doctor was talking to us, Nathan was trying to walk me over to one side of the room and then run over to the other side so he could escape out the door. He thought it was a fun game and the doctor (and Dan) pointed it out to me....I felt so stupid because I let him "manipulate" me...my excuse was that I was listening to what the doctor was saying! Anyway, we're glad we can now stop giving him whole milk and that nasty smelling vitamin drops.

Here's some pictures from the playground when Dan took him out.



4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh my goodness. he's just getting cuter and cuter and cuter every single day! He looks so adorable standing on the tennis court all bundled up!

HOpe you are all well, please let Dan know I am praying for his sister and have a blessed blessed Christmas time!

-love in christ,

mia :)

12/20/2006 6:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i was talking to a couple different people of the past few weeks and we all agreed that your boy is a cutie-pie. that's great that your doctor is so observant and helpful!

12/20/2006 12:43 PM  
Blogger Soo Han said...

Wow, a doctor who gives advice on every level. That's great that Nathan is doing well. And you know Caleb at his age is trying to manipulate us. I think it even starts when they are an infant!

12/20/2006 4:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad N is doing well. Hmmm...B's head is the same size as N's now :). Cute pics!

12/22/2006 3:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home