Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Mother's Day & Nathan's Progress

So for Mother's Day, Dan got me something to make my commute to/from work more enjoyable. Drumroll, please....he installed a new iPod accessory in my car! Yes, not very romantic, but previously I was using an FM transmitter to listen to my iPod. The sound quality was terrible...the bass was muffled and you couldn't hear any of the trebles too clearly. Plus, there was a lot of static at times because you're hooking up the iPod using an FM station. So, basically what he did was install something so that I can listen to my iPod directly through my stereo/CD player and use the Auxilary mode (that's the best way I can describe what he did without getting technical). After spending 5-6 hours of hard labor of installing this, I can now enjoy listening to music the way it was meant to be heard. No more muffled bass and the treble is very crisp....every guitar strum and hi-hat can be heard. I know some may think this is a waste of money, but when you invest so much time into perfecting your iPod, you want to enjoy it to the fullest the way it was meant to be enjoyed. Thanks Sweetie!

Here's some updates on Nathan's progress:
*He loves to constantly hug and kiss me! I have to enjoy this as I know he'll stop doing this one day.
*He's talking in more fuller sentences. I came home yesterday from work and he said, "Mommy! I'm eating a smoothie!"
*He knows how to pull off and put on his pants.
*He can sing his ABC's. He loves to sing and dance!
*He knows all his colors and shapes (this he did many months ago). He's now describing things with color (like red apple, yellow banana, green tree, etc.). So glad he's not color blind...did you know that 7% of boys are color blind?
*He loves to clean, dust, mop and do the laundry with me. His idea of doing the laundry is throwing everything into the washer.
*Learning his manners and saying "Please" & "Thank You".
*He is constantly eating so well these days. Previously he wouldn't eat much chicken and beef, but now he loves it. And he loves Korean soups with rice (just like Mommy!).

6 Comments:

Blogger Allie said...

I hear you about having great IPOD performance via car stereo. Way to go, Dan!! Great mother's day gift. :)

Nathan growing up so fast. He's such a cutie. :)

5/15/2007 11:27 AM  
Blogger RBK said...

being a non-iPod music listener, I can't quite relate to the gift excitement... but I'm so glad that you are enjoying your music that much more! that's great that Nathan can do all those things- he sounds like such a sweet boy!

5/15/2007 2:17 PM  
Blogger yellowinter said...

wow, he is growing~ such a sweetie pie too. :)

5/17/2007 6:49 PM  
Blogger jsk said...

Gosh, N is getting to be a big boy, huh? How time flies... See you soon...

5/18/2007 9:10 PM  
Blogger Soo said...

Glad your enjoying your Mother's Day gift. I can't wait for the day Caleb starts to really talk.

I've been waiting for your thoughts on the finals of American Idol. One of my coworkers is a big fan of the show and I told her you always have some great comments about the show. I actually watched the show and thought the woman was so much better than the guy.

5/23/2007 10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm happy with my ipod, but it has some of the worst accessories. I'm glad you found a good one, but I haven't yet.

I'm glad Nathan's growing up so well, I can't wait to see him again (and have him look at me like, who's this dude?).

7 percent???

5/29/2007 12:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home