Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

We're Back!

We're back from our vacation, back to reality. I didn't post anything earlier because my workplace blocked all blogger sites from us, so I can't post or view anyone's blog anymore during work hours....arrghh (can't blame them since blogging really isn't business related for us, but still. I was not a happy camper Monday)!

Nathan did pretty well on the airplane as he slept on the way over (since we woke him up @ 4:45AM!). The first day he was a bit cranky and I was stressed out....I wasn't used to spending so many waking hours with him (kudos again to you stay-at-home moms). He loved the beach and the swimming pool. The weather there was very humid and it didn't help that Nathan wanted me to constantly hold him. He didn't want to go in the stroller, walk or be held by Dan. That was the most stressful part for me.....holding a 27lb boy in the heat is not fun! The resort grounds were beautiful though. We only did two excursions/tours outside the hotel and I have to say, the rest of the island is pretty run down....kind of similar to Mexico. I guess we're spoiled from going to Hawaii and expected all other islands to look like Paradise. We did get to see where they filmed the 2nd and 3rd movies of the Pirates of the Caribbean. I had no idea they filmed part of it on the Grand Bahama islands (I wasn't a fan of the 1st and 2nd movie...too confusing).

We had a good time, but it's good to be back. I need a vacation from our vacation! I'll post pictures once Dan uploads it from his camera. In the mean time, here's 2 pics of him playing with his Thomas the Train and the matching hat....he looks like a train conductor, doesn't he?!!




5 Comments:

Blogger RBK said...

very cute in that conductor's hat! can't wait to see pictures of the beach!

7/24/2007 7:02 PM  
Blogger yellowinter said...

welcome back. wow, 27lbs. i'm having a hard time with 17 pounder being a bit fussy because of teething this week. oi~ :)
yes, very cute hat, very handsome boy. :)

7/24/2007 9:17 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

So glad you had fun... can't wait to see the pictures.

Nathan so cute, as usual ,in his condutor's hat

7/25/2007 10:59 AM  
Blogger Soo said...

Nathan is so cute in his conductor's hat! Glad to hear the family is back safely. I remember when we went to Florida, it took Caleb until the 3rd night to sleep on his on okay without crying!

7/29/2007 9:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that always the way? The vacation turns out to be so much work, that you need another week. But probably the extra week would be just as bad.

Can't wait to see the pictures. You guys seem to take good ones.

7/30/2007 11:23 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home