Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Thursday, May 24, 2007

Season Finales

Here are my short thoughts on some of the show's finales (spoilers below):

American Idol - I actually didn't care who won this year. Both Jordin and Blake were so different and they'll be successful either way. I was disappointed Melinda wasn't in the final 2, but I guess she only had the older people's vote. I thought the final "inspirational" song was not fair for Blake as it wasn't his style (he should have opted to go second). Did anyone pick up how similar one melody line from "This is My Now" sounded a exactly like a line from Chris Tomlin's "How Great Is Our God" ("beginning and the end...beginning and the end")? Makes sense as the winner of that song writing contest Scott Krippayne is also a Christian recording artist (I have 2 of his CD's. I thought the contest was for undiscovered talent?). This year was a bit disappointing as the guys were not good and some of the other better singers were not in the top 10. But we have to always have some controversy with this show, right? How horrible was it to hear Sanjaya last night and see that girl crying again? The guy from Aerosmith must've been cringing that he had to play with Sanjaya!

24 - What a disappointing season. Nothing was mentioned about Logan, storylines were disjointed and too many recycled storylines from past seasons. There's only so many times CTU can get attacked! Well, 2 more years of this show and they're planning on doing something dramatically different next year....possibly no more CTU.

Heroes - I was actually expecting a bigger battle scene between Sylar and Peter. Doesn't surprise me that Sylar is still alive....who's this "boogy man" that's worse than Sylar?!!

Lost - Who was in that casket....Sawyer? Who's Kate with in the future? Jack is really messed up. Who is Naomi working for? I loved how Hurley came barreling in with the van and how he proclaimed he saved everyone...too funny! Looks like Ben is losing it as he's losing all his men and credibility. 3 more years of this show....I hope they don't go back and forth with flashbacks and flashforwards....it's confusing enough already trying to piece things together!

Grey's Anatomy - ugh, this show is becoming to be a soap opera! I wish Izzie would stop sleeping around and falling in love so quickly.....I used to like her character...now I can't stand her! Should be interesting to see how they'll move with George and Burke's storyline. And please, do we need to see more love triangles again with Meredith, Derek and her half-sister? Please either just leave them alone or break them up! I don't think I'll be watching Addison's new show "Private Practice".

The Office - finally Pam and Jim are together again! It was interesting watching this season from Pam's point of view and watching Jim's point of view last year. I don't know how those people work there with Michael Scott (Steve Carrell) as their boss....insane!

ER - please end this show! I've been watching this for all 13 years now and they need to end it! Once I start a show, I can't stop watching because I need to see how it all ends.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

There is a lot more going on here than just the problem of the winning American Idol song sounding very similar to Chris Tomlin's "How Great is Our God".

The songwriting competition was supposed to be for "undiscovered talent". I was not aware of Scott Krippayne before the American Idol finale, but apparently he is a widely known and fairly well established professional Christian musician. He has recorded a number of albums, and is, for all intents and purposes, a professional songwriter and performer with a following. I have seen comments on several blogs seriously questioning the idea that he could be considered to have "undiscovered" status. This is not a trifling matter, and has the potential to turn into a scandal. Though Peabody is certainly not an established lyricist, the package that was sent in to the contest was Krippayne's performance of the song, and his professional background certainly could have had a lot to do with why the judges found the song compelling.

5/24/2007 3:13 PM  
Blogger JoshHan said...

Interesting. I had to see if I could find the performance of that song. That does sound VERY close to the Chris Tomlin song.

http://www.youtube.com/v/vscyeW6Uq3E

Also, I've noticed a Newsboys song had almost the same exact piano refrain as a Coldplay song. I'll have to check who did it first.

5/24/2007 3:31 PM  
Blogger Soo said...

Loved your thoughts. I thought I watched alot of shows:)

Lost is driving me crazy. I think the person in the casket is possibly Ben or Locke. Both told Jack they shouldn't leave the island. I think Kate is with Sawyer.

24 season finale was probably the worst I've seen. Seriously, how many times can CTU get attacked?

Greys Anatomy is pretty bad if they are going to do the love triangle between Meredith, Shephard and the half sister. Wonder if George will be leaving the show since he failed his exam.

I didn't even know ER was still running.

5/24/2007 11:18 PM  
Blogger jl said...

I don't watch all the shows that you watch but I enjoy reading your comments. N's really growing up fast!

5/24/2007 11:52 PM  
Blogger RBK said...

i thought i left a comment a few days ago, but i guess it didn't take.

i think kate had a son, and that's the "he" she was referring to when talking to future jack. and sawyer is in the coffin. i'm guessing he didn't want anything to do with the kid.

very disappointed in 24 and grey's, too. i don't think i'll watch them next year.

5/28/2007 10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your comments are great, although I don't watch all the shows. But yeah, the last episode of Lost was really good. I'm so sad that Charlie died. I always thought he was annoying and a bit whiny, but he grew on me without me noticing it. I loved the previous episode with the five best moments of his life. I also think it's Ben or Locke in the coffin and Sawyer that Kate's going back to, but the idea of Sawyer in the coffin and their child back at home is interesting. One thing that bugs me is that this is an alternate reality (seeing as how Jack's father is still alive), but the producers explicitly stated that the show wasn't one, nor is it a dream or purgatory. It's confusing.

I hate Grey's Anatomy (they're showing it in Korea now), I want to start watching The Office (but I heard the British series was better), and I totally forgot about ER (you cracked me up about wanting it to end).

5/29/2007 12:01 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

I thought to myself that "This is my now" sounded eerily familiar. The finale show was a bit blah. Bette Midler as the surprise guest... not a fan. She sounded odd too.

24 was horrible this season. Very disappointing.

Heroes- Was awesome. Thought that it was really good and I loved how all the heroes ended up at one place at the end. can't wait for fall 08 when I can rent the whole season.;)

Lost- I was so sad and surprised by Charlie dying. I didn't enjoy the flash forward but I liked the present. I love how Jack said, " I love you.." to Kate.

Grey's- I liked.
hmm! george or Dr. Burke might not be back.

Er is still on...?

5/30/2007 6:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home