Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Saturday, June 09, 2007

Passport Picture or Mug Shot?


We applied for Nathan's passport back in March and attempted to try to take our own picture for him. The requirements are way too strict and impossible to meet...there can't be any shadows, color has to be perfect, size has to be right, etc. Doesn't this picture look like a mug shot?!! Hee hee! If you have a Costco membership, get it done there....they only charge $5 for 2 pics!

We decided to take our first family vacation to the Grand Bahamas. Bahamas was too expensive and we wanted to go where there were calm waters since Nathan
loves the beach...Paradise Island's waters are a bit rough (where that huge hotel Atlantis is). We haven't vacationed since 2004 to Las Vegas/Grand Canyon right before Nathan was born. We desperately need one! I'm a bit nervous flying with Nathan and how he'll handle sleeping in a new place, but hopefully everything will turn out ok. As long as we bring his 2 Elmos he should be happy.

Also, those of you who are thinking of travelling and need a passport, apply ASAP! Normally
it would have taken 8 weeks before they changed the law this year that requires passports for everyone and everywhere. They told us it would take 10 weeks and we didn't get it until after 13 weeks. I was not willing to pay for the expedited fee...they already charged enough just to apply. Good thing I didn't book a trip because I just got my passport Thursday in the mail after harassing them with nasty emails and 2 phone calls. Surprisingly I got through those 2 times. All the other times I called they hung up on me and said they were too busy to answer....hmmm, too busy even @ 11:00 in the evening or 7:30 in the morning?!!! Now I hear they're taking 14-16 weeks to complete them. Apply now and do not book any trips until you have the actual passport in your hand!!

4 Comments:

Blogger RBK said...

eek! we just applied for GMK's passport and we had to expedite it for a wedding in august. i hope it comes in time!

6/09/2007 12:40 PM  
Blogger jsk said...

Have fun guys! Sounds like a great vacation. We took B on a trip to Atlanta when he was 8 mos old. Turned out okay. Sure that things will be okay with N.

6/11/2007 10:09 PM  
Blogger Soo said...

Nathan is getting so big! We went to Florida with Caleb and scheduled the flight around his nap time. Caleb ended up sleeping most of the flight to and from Florida. I'm sure everything will turn out fine. The whole passport thing is crazy!

6/13/2007 9:27 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

I didn't realize it took that long to get a passport. I lost my passport and I should really get it renewed now when I'm not planning on flying anytime soon.

Take alot of pictures and share them. Have lots of fun and don't forget to reapply sunblock.

6/14/2007 8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home