Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Friday, September 21, 2007

Summer Day Trips

This summer we went on a lot of mini day trips. Dan finally uploaded them from his camera, so I’ll be posting them in the next few days. I wanted to spend a lot of time with Nathan and Dan this summer as some of you know we are trying for a 2nd child. We’ve only been trying for the past 2 1/2 months and every month I’ve been disappointed and depressed. I was really hoping for an April or May birth as I really don’t want to be big during the hot summer months. The last time it only took us a month to get pregnant and in my arrogance, I thought I would easily get pregnant again (I guess being 33 plays a factor now). We had prayed that if it was God’s will that He would allow it to happen and that if it didn’t happen it’s not in His timing. I don’t know why I’ve been upset about this as it normally takes time for this to happen, but I guess I was prideful from the last time. And it doesn't help that people at church keep asking if we're pregnant every week! So, I’ve been praying to relinquish that control over to God, to not obsess about it so much and to be accepting of God’s timing and purpose. In the mean time, I need to enjoy these moments alone with Nathan as time passes by so quickly.

On a lighter note, here's some pics from a boating outing @ Peace Valley Park this summer. It's funny how I grew up in this area, but I never once went on a boat ride here. We all had a great time, although I was a bit nervous as we watched another family topple over in the water. Thankfully they all had life jackets. You can see me holding on to Nathan real tight below!


5 Comments:

Blogger yellowinter said...

looks so fun! can't wait to have our N try all these fun toddler activities! :)

as for waiting... yeah, i know a bit about that unfortunately. i'm thankful for that time of teaching though, looking back. it is always when we let go and acknowledge His power and sovereignty that we experience the joys of freedom and sometimes an answer we'd been waiting for. until then, hope this time with N is a good and precious one with many memories to stow away for later. :)

9/21/2007 3:05 PM  
Blogger RBK said...

oh, that boat ride looks like fun! i'm afraid to take G on a boat b/c she'd probably jump into the water.

i went through a similar experience with getting pregnant the 2nd time. it took longer and it got me a little down at times. but, yes, God really is in control and He's got it all planned out for you. i got pregnant right away when i told myself to chill out and i stopped keeping track of days.

9/22/2007 1:32 PM  
Blogger jsk said...

Yeah, one of the things we want to try with B is boating at PVP. Maybe next year.

I can understand how you feel about getting pregnant. I felt that way the first time we tried. Pray that God will give you peace about this.

9/25/2007 9:50 PM  
Blogger Soo said...

Boat ride looks fun, although Caleb will probably jump into the water.

It is hard to wait for something that we really want. I know:) God's timing is perfect. Trust in Him and He will provide. Will be praying for you.

9/26/2007 1:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Isn't that weird? I was always taught that it's so easy for girls to get pregnant (you know, in high school), but I guess that's not always the case.

9/27/2007 4:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home