Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Monday, May 22, 2006

Nathan's 1st Trip to NYC

We just came back from a nice trip to NYC this past weekend visiting my sister and brother in law. It was the first time Nathan slept over a different place besides his crib, so it was quite a challenge (it was also the first time we all slept together in the same room since he was born). Normally we just put him down and goes to sleep without complaint and sleeps straight for 11-12 hours. Well, unfortunately that same dream didn't happen...he cried and cried as he put him in the Pack 'N Play as if we were torturing him. He eventually slept, but he got up early @ 7:00AM on Sunday, which wasn't too bad. But Monday morning (I took off from work), he got up @ 4:45AM!!! I was so disoriented because it was still dark and he was crying...the last time he got up that early was during the first 3 months of his life. Needless to say I was not happy...I'm not looking forward to that stage again when we eventually have our 2nd child. Anyway, we came back home Monday afternoon and I'm thankful that he didn't complain when I put him down to sleep tonight in his own crib. Hopefully he'll sleep in late for Dan's sake since I have to go back to work!!

It was nice going to church with my sister & brother in law @ Remnant Westside Church. The style of worship is different than the conservative Presbyterian churches I'm used to, but it was refreshing to see a more passionate and spirit led worship. Nathan had a great time playing with Pastor Bruce's kids. They were really good with him and were so sharing and selfless. After service, they had a Street Fair a block away on 9th Ave...those are always fun and Nathan enjoyed it. I was happy I got my Taro Bubble Tea! NYC makes the best bubble tea....there's none that comes even close in Philly. I'm looking forward to our next trip again to New York....I really love that city...great food and so many things to do. Dan always laughs at how much I love that city. He went to NYU and my sister went to Columbia so I guess it's no big deal for them. He likes to call me "Country Girl".

3 Comments:

Blogger younghotelier said...

Wow, Nathan grew soooo much. Glad to hear that he's doing well. I was in NYC past weekend too! Such a fun city!

5/23/2006 9:08 AM  
Blogger RBK said...

uy, nyc. unfortunately, i don't share your enthusiasm for the city. every time i go, the best moment is when i leave. but maybe if i drank bubble tea every time i went i'd feel differently :)

5/23/2006 7:44 PM  
Blogger yellowinter said...

it's been a while since i'd been back to THE city. i miss it. it'd be different being there with a child.
taro is my favorite boba as well. mmmm....
i love living in the city, so does that make me a country girl too? ;)

5/29/2006 10:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home