Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Monday, May 15, 2006

Restoration and Healing

So, yesterday was a special Mother’s Day not just because we had a great sushi buffet dinner @ Minado’s with my in-laws (thanks JSK for your sister-in-law for getting us a great table!), but we finally saw my parents after not speaking to them or seeing them for 17 months. To make a long story short for those of you who don’t know, we have not seen my parents for 17 months due to things that happened at the hospital when Nathan was born. Lots of hurtful and angry words were spoken to each other and despite many attempts to try to reconcile, God did not allow it to happen. We don’t know why He allowed this to go on for this long, but we are thankful that the day finally came. Although we reconciled, things are still a bit awkward and will take some time to fully heal. I’m sad that they missed the whole infant stage with Nathan, but it was really nice to see my parents try to get Nathan to warm up to them. It’ll take some time for Nathan to be fully comfortable with his “new” grandparents like he is with his other grandparents, but Nathan is pretty adaptable and adjusts to change pretty well. Towards the end, he did start to become a little more comfortable….who could resist that beautiful smile of his especially when he uttered his favorite word "Waaatch?!!!" to them?!!!

Just want to say thanks to those of you who have been praying for us these past 17 months. Despite us trying to intervene and fix things on our own, only through your prayers was God able to change hardened hearts and allow time to heal once we gave it all up to Him.

2 Comments:

Blogger yellowinter said...

I didn't know about your parents all this time... I'm so sorry for all the heartache you must have gone through during such an important time. Very thankful that you were able to reconcile, and I do hope that your charming little boy will continue to bridge the gap of time and emotions. My prayers are with you...

5/15/2006 5:57 PM  
Blogger jsk said...

What a blessing! I'm glad that your parents came around. I'm sure little N. will have them eating out of his hands soon enough.

5/16/2006 10:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home