Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Tuesday, August 01, 2006

IPOD

So, I finally caved in and joined the IPOD world. Dan has had the 1st generation IPOD for 2+ years and has been trying to convince me to get a new one or use his since he's not working now and has no need for this. He bought it from someone at church for $50 and it's still working great. I kept on saying that I didn't need it and that I'll continue to just bring my CD's in the car and put them back on the shelf when I'm finished with it. Well, this is just the best thing in the world! I just plug it in my car and it's also great to listen to at work to make the time go faster. It's a bit heavy compared to the new ones since it's the first model, but sufficient for now. I have so many CDs I want to convert and it only has 5 GB....I may want to upgrade to a new one later on....maybe a future Christmas or Birthday gift?!! I've been listening to tons of Podcasts from James Dobson's Focus on the Family, Lost and Grey's Anatomy (yes, I just finished watching Season 1 & 2 of Grey's....I can't believe I didn't watch this show earlier! Much better than ER). It's funny how Dan converts to me to new technology....he converted me from using my big old organizer to my Palm when we first got married. My life depends on that! Only downside to technology is that your device is as good as your backup. No backup and everything disappears when it crashes!

Side note: Does anybody watch "The Office"? I just finished watching the first 2 seasons and it's hilarious! I can totally relate to some of the people on the show. It's hilarious what they get away with. I would really enjoy working in that kind of fun environment, although I doubt much work would get done!

3 Comments:

Blogger Soo Han said...

I just got hooked this season for Grey's Anatomy! Josh's coworker lent me season 1 and 2. I must have finished watching it in record time. What channel is the office on? Never heard of it.

8/01/2006 8:56 PM  
Blogger RBK said...

had fun tonight! yes, Grey's Anatomy is a great show. i'm still in caveman-land and haven't bought an mp3 player. hubs bought one when i went into labor with G so that he could concentrate on those contractions :P but i never got into it

8/02/2006 12:08 AM  
Blogger yellowinter said...

yeah, i'm resisting it too. c's been asking if i wanted one for the longest time. for me, music isn't that important(gasp!), so i think i'll be all right for a little while.
i started watching grey's at the end of this past season and totally got hooked. c thinks it's trash mainly because of the whole meredith and mcdreamy deal, as well as how ridiculous the story about medicine is. i know all that, but i still love it!!! :)
the office is good too. i don't watch it religiously, but i think of my brother who works in central pa. he loves that show. :)

8/02/2006 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home