Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Superman Returns

Thanks to free tickets again from my company, we were able to enjoy Superman Returns this afternoon while Nathan's aunt Grace (from Mexico) babysat. I know there's some mixed reviews out there, but I really enjoyed it. I loved the 1978 version with Christopher Reeve and the 2nd one. Let's forget that they ever made Superman III and IV! Brandon Routh did a great job....I think we can safely say the torch is passed from Christopher to Brandon. It was smart that Bryan Singer got a nobody to play that part...what were they thinking considering Nicholas Cage, Josh Hartnett, Ashton Kutcher and Brendan Fraser?? Some may say there wasn't much of character development, but what's there to develop? We all know them and the story. I can tell they didn't want to do too much and overdo the plot or dialogue (especially after 20 years) and to maybe respect the other versions. Kevin Spacey definitely played Lex Luther more darker than Gene Hackman. The CGI was amazing and very realistic...more realistic than Spiderman....it really looked like he was flying in space, not some animation. Loved how they got Marlon Brando in the film. And of course, the music is what tops it off and makes it Superman. I'm so glad they kept John William's original score in there...he's such a brilliant composer and artist...he always creates and captures the scenes perfectly. If you enjoy these Marvel comic films and enjoyed the old Superman movies, I would recommend that you see this in the theater.

We saw the trailer for Spiderman 3 and it looks awesome!! May 4th, 2007 is too far away!

8 Comments:

Blogger Beannie's Log said...

Oh yes, I love Sci Fi and Superhero types of movies/shows. One of my favorite cartoons growing up was Super Friends! Big fan of X-Files. :)

6/30/2006 2:15 PM  
Blogger RBK said...

wow, you guys are two geeks in a pod.... whoops, i'm mean peas :P j/k! i love x-men, spidermen, superman, batman... all those men! next time i'm in philly, we should all get together and watch a movie.

6/30/2006 2:28 PM  
Blogger yellowinter said...

make that three geeks...
puhahaha!!! ;)
well, i end up feeling like i get "dragged" into seeing these cartoon-made-movies, but i always end up enjoying it. can't wait to see this one too. :)
anyone waiting to see "nacho libre?" hehe

6/30/2006 5:36 PM  
Blogger Beannie's Log said...

Nacho Libre????!! I hope you're joking, RL!!

6/30/2006 11:38 PM  
Blogger yellowinter said...

hey, don't tell me that you didn't enjoy "napoleon dynamite." same director for n.l.
well, all joking aside, i think i will see that movie, probably not with all the boys in our small group who are DYING, literally, to see it. i'll wait for the dvd, but doesn't it look funny? yeah, my taste in movies have gone down south since i got married. yeah, that's who i'll blame. ;p

7/01/2006 9:37 PM  
Blogger Beannie's Log said...

Poor C! Too funny...you crack me up!!! No, I never saw Napoleon Dynamite.

7/03/2006 8:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, Ihna, that's pretty cool that you can get into the "comic" movies.

Super Friends was the bomb! Also, Spiderman and his amazing friends!

7/08/2006 8:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know, I liked it, but I thought the chemistry between Routh and Bosworth wasn't so great. I thought it was good, but Spiderman 2 was great, even though the computer graphics weren't always life-like. Can't wait for 3, especially to see how Venom will come out.

4/14/2007 10:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home