Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Thursday, June 01, 2006

Jammin' @ Ikea

So, we went to Dan’s cousin’s house on Memorial Day and they had this cute kid’s table & chair set. Nathan really enjoyed sitting on it and drawing, so we decided we should get one for him too. So we headed out to Ikea in Conshohocken last night. He was such a good boy! We were shopping for almost 2 hours and he didn’t even complain sitting in the stroller the whole time! Well, while Dan was shopping around, they had a live Jazz band there in the café, so I decided to take Nathan there (I didn’t know Ikea had live bands there…they were really good!) He really enjoyed it and bounced up and down a few times to the music. What amazed me was that he was clapping to the beat to 2 different songs! Hopefully he’s inherited Dan’s rhythmic beat and my musical ear….I’ve already started teaching him how to play the piano…well, banging on the piano is probably more like it at this point! I can’t wait for him to get a bit older and take him to those family concerts at the Kimmel Center. Of course, if he decides he’s not interested in music later on, I won’t push it, but a little culture doesn’t hurt, right?!!

2 Comments:

Blogger jsk said...

Hey, maybe you can give piano lessons to our B. too :).

6/01/2006 9:56 PM  
Blogger yellowinter said...

can i get piano lessons with little B? :)

6/01/2006 11:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home