Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Thursday, August 17, 2006

Phillies Game

So I went to the business person's Phillies game today with my company. I've been to plenty of night games, but have never been to a day game before. Wow, the sun was so strong and hot! I got a bit of sunburn from our trip to Ocean City and even though I lathered on the suntan lotion today, I could feel my skin burning again. I ended up standing and watching the 2nd through 5th inning from the platform where the restaurants are in the shade. We ended up leaving after the 7th inning because one of the managers wanted to get back to the office and get work done @ 3:30....why did she even bother coming and have to ruin the day for everybody? She complained so much bcs of the sun that she sat on the bus the whole time! She's such a pain and a control freak....she's always been on a power trip and tries to make others miserable just because she's miserable in her personal life. Anyway, despite her, it was nice to enjoy the game one last time with my company as I know GMAC does not reward their employees with little perks like this so I was thankful they invited me on their last manager outing (we have heard that they are very cheap in their spending).

I saw all these little boys with their fathers and I thought about how I couldn't wait until Nathan gets older so that I can take him to some Phillies game and enjoy them together. Dan doesn't really like baseball and I love watching it when I can catch it on TV. I just wish the Phillies were more consistent in their playing...it's frustrating watching them every year. I always hope every year that this will be the year they'll make it to the Championship, but alas, it hasn't happened since 1993.

5 Comments:

Blogger RBK said...

i hear ya! since being married, i've watched a lot more baseball. and since moving up here, it's fun to root for my home team, even though they're so inconsistent. we'll have to try to go to a game sometime together.

8/17/2006 7:44 PM  
Blogger yellowinter said...

hmmmm... "home team," rbk, eh?
yeah, my allegiance to baseball and esp phillies is very thin. i'll probably end up going back to philly with bunch of red sox stuff. gosh, we only have 10 months left here...
but one thing will never change, GO EAGLES!!!!! ;p

8/18/2006 5:58 PM  
Blogger JoshHan said...

1993! Wasn't it 93 when they went to the World Series to lose to Toronto?

Mitch Williams...ugh.

8/18/2006 11:58 PM  
Blogger Beannie's Log said...

You're right Josh, it was 1993. Don't even mention Mitch Williams....remember the towels over everyone's head everytime he came out to "save" the game?!! Terrible!!

8/19/2006 10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow Ihna, you can't be happy about this year's Phillies. I know I'm sick and tired of their poor starts.

4/14/2007 10:48 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home