Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Monday, February 05, 2007

CD Recommendations

Got some new CD's that I highly recommend:

Katharine McPhee - Katharine McPhee: A surprisingly great album. More R&B/pop with attitude, unlike some of the cheesy pop songs she sung on American Idol. Some of the songs sounded a bit influenced by Mariah Carey/Beyonce/Christina Aguilera. In my opinion, great vocals and good debut album minus 2 songs I'm not too crazy about (Kelly Clarkson is still the best out of all the American Idols). I still think she was robbed last season running against Taylor Hicks!

Daughtry - Daughtry: If you like the hard rock style, this is a great album. Very Creed like. You can hear his passion and emotion in each song. I still think the AI finale should have been between Chris Daughtry and Katharine McPhee, not Taylor Hicks!

Norah Jones - Not Too Late: If you like the jazz/pop genre, this is a great album. One warning though: her voice is so soothing that I started to fall asleep listening to her album at work. Listen to this in the comforts of your own home!

Chris Tomlin - See the Morning: If you don't already have this album, you need to get this! Powerful new praise songs that I'm sure some of you have already started to sing during your worship services (we've already sung half of them).

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

A finale between Kat and Chris would have been something to see. I love Chris' CD, great songs, huge voice. I love Kat, but this CD is not what I expected from her. Too pop and silly for me, I'll wait for the second one. I love her voice.

2/05/2007 12:28 PM  
Blogger yellowinter said...

thanks for the suggestions. i think we'll get all but mcphee's. dunno why, but she annoys me. she comes off really fake. i know. weird.

2/05/2007 1:39 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

Thanks for the recommendation. I so agree with you about the finale. Should have been Kat vs. Chris with Kat being the winner.

Have you been watching AI so far... just one more audtion ep and we're going to hollywood. whoo hoo!!

2/05/2007 11:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home