Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Thursday, January 22, 2009

Old TV Sitcoms

These days I’ve been watching old TV sitcoms while I’ve been pumping. It’s the only thing that’s been keeping me motivated to keep going and it wakes me up in the early morning b4 going to work. I’ve been watching all the episodes of The Brady Bunch, Full House, Three’s Company, All in the Family….all compliments of the local library. It’s nice to see these shows in order and understand the shows now that I’m older (like Three’s Company). Every once in awhile I’ll have Three’s Company on while Nathan is playing and he likes it whenever Jack Tripper falls down or knocks things over! He doesn’t understand the conversation, so I figure it’s safe to leave that on in front of him. It was sad to see the progression of Suzanne Somers leaving Three’s Company, see some of her lines going to the other actors and just seeing them film her part on the phone separately.

Dan also got me all the episodes of Seinfeld and Friends on my iPod, so it’s been keeping me entertained while pumping at work. I miss the corny and cheesy sitcoms from the 80’s and 90’s and the innocence back then (The Cosby Show was one of my favorite shows). Now everything is much grittier or filled with reality shows. I’ve been watching so much TV these days…..with watching these old shows on top of the new ones at night (like 24, American Idol, Lost, Fringe, Grey’s Anatomy, The Office, ER, How I Met Your Mother, etc.), I must have watched hundreds of hours of TV in the past few months! I really should cut back, but I just love TV. Maybe I love it so much because my parents tried to restrict me from watching too much TV….they even went so far as wrapping the TV cord around the TV stand and putting a lock on it! Of course one day I found the key and unlocked it….my sister and I thought we got away with it for awhile because we would watch it on low volume, wrap the cord around the stand and lock it back up. Wouldn’t you know my parents finally caught me because they felt the TV was warm!

Only 5 more weeks until I stop pumping and I’ll be watching a lot less TV….hopefully!

2 Comments:

Blogger RBK said...

that's funny the lengths that your parents went to stop you from watching TV! me and my sisters used to sneak TV in, as well. there's nothing like a good show or movie to keep you awake while nursing/pumping!

1/22/2009 11:24 AM  
Blogger yellowinter said...

wow, your parents were pretty determined. :) i do miss good sitcoms of the past. these days, we only watch how i met..., the big bang theory, the office, and 30 rock. hehe, funny. i guess it's still a lot. :) i'm so glad scrubs is back on. i was afraid that it wouldn't be as good, but it's still pretty darn funny. :)
looking forward to your AI analyses. :)

1/23/2009 11:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home