Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Introducing.....

Our daughter, Kaitlyn Ahn Mee Cho was born Wednesday, August 27th at 1:45pm! She weighed in at 6lbs, 12 ounces and is 20 inches long. Here are the details of what happened:

I started having contractions earlier at 4:30am at about 15 minutes apart, then 5 minutes apart at 6:30am. These contractions came so fast and hard...very painful!! We threw our bags into the car and called my in-laws to pick up Nathan around 8:00am, then arrived at Abington Hospital at 8:30am. Thankfully I was already at 5-6cm, so I made it in time to get the epidural. I received the epidural shot which was only enough to relieve the pain of my contractions. There was enough pain so that I was able to direct the pushing towards Kaitlyn so that it only took 30 minutes to push her out. It took 3.5 hours for me to deliver Nathan in comparison. We came to the conclusion that it took longer for Nathan only because I received too much of the epidural solution and felt nothing below the waist. I guess for some people like us, pain is "good" in childbirth! With all that said, we're really happy (and surprised I must admit) that God answered ALL of our prayers!

5 Comments:

Blogger Soo said...

Congratulations again! Wow, she came fast. I wonder how it will be with ours. I remember with Caleb, once I dilated close to 10 cm they cut my epidural back so I could feel the contraction pains to push. It seems like that made a difference in your case this time around. Praise God all your prayers were answered and you had a quick and safe delivery! Can't wait to meet Kaitlyn or see pics!

8/28/2008 12:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

congrats Ihna! I'm so happy for you Dan and Nathan... also glad to hear God answered prayers for a smooth and quick birth! :) Can't wait to see more pics and meet her one day.. God bless!

-M

8/28/2008 9:36 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

Congratulations, Ihna!!!!!!!! I'm so glad that it was quick and safe delivery! She's beautiful and girl, you look so good after giving birth.

8/28/2008 10:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congrats! You look amazing afterwards! We are so happy for you!

8/29/2008 9:22 AM  
Blogger jl said...

Congratulations!!!

8/29/2008 8:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home