Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Thursday, August 21, 2008

Any day....

As of yesterday I’m now 2cm and 80% effaced, so any day now. We’ve been busy nesting, cleaning and packing away. We’ve been blessed with so many people who gave us all their girl clothes that’ll last the next year…this girl has a lot more clothes than Nathan ever had and I think even more clothes than me!

I’m a bit nervous for some reason about the labor and delivery. So many thoughts of what could go wrong – bad anesthesiologist, not making it in time to get the epidural, another 3 ½ hours of pushing, getting an emergency C-section, getting an impatient doctor/nurse, complications with me and/or the baby, etc. Also, we decided to deliver at another hospital (Abington) instead of going back to where Nathan was born and where my mom works. For those of you who know the story of what happened, we didn’t want another repeat of what happened last time and wanted to avoid the stress and pressure because my mom worked there. But for some reason these days, I’m feeling guilty and apprehensive because we’re going to a hospital where everything is unfamiliar, I won’t be getting special treatment and I don’t have “inside” information on certain doctors. But I keep trying to remind myself that Abington is a good hospital and that God is in control of everything. I’ll keep you posted and am hoping I go very soon. Thankfully the weather has been beautiful the past few days that we even turned off our A/C….I think of that movie “Father of the Bride Part 2” where the pregnant mother and daughter are on the couch boiling hot asking for more A/C while Steve Martin is freezing and wearing his winter coat & hat….before I was pregnant, I thought that scene was ridiculous, but now I can totally relate!

3 Comments:

Blogger Allie said...

Praying for you! can't wait for Kaitlyn to come into the world.

8/22/2008 12:26 PM  
Blogger RBK said...

I'm sure everything will be just fine at Abington. That's great that you got so much girl clothes!

8/23/2008 6:29 PM  
Blogger Soo said...

I was wondering how you were doing and if you had Kaitlyn yet. Don't worry and know that God is in control. Hold onto that truth! Will be praying for you:)

8/24/2008 11:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home