Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Thursday, August 07, 2008

37 Weeks and Counting

So far pregnancy is going well and am now ready to go anytime. My bag is almost packed and I just need to launder the baby’s clothes. The doctor thinks I’ll go 1-2 weeks early…hopefully that’ll happen as my mom gave birth to me and my sister @ 39 weeks and I gave birth to Nathan @ 39 weeks too. Doctor said I was still 0 cm, but starting to efface. The first time around I was @ 0 cm until the 3 days b4 I gave birth to Nathan…I dilated from 0-5 cm within a matter of 3 days so for me, the dilation is not a good indication of when I’ll go. My only complaint is the itchy stomach and swollen legs/feet…the heat and extra weight is not helping. I’ve already gained 26 lbs and hopefully won’t gain anymore…in actuality, it’s more like 36 lbs since I never did lose those last 10 lbs from the first pregnancy. The doctor thinks I’ll have a tiny baby, so I was happy about that…the smaller the better! When I tell some people that, they look at me like they can’t believe it…people still ask me if I’m having twins! I hate it when everybody thinks they’re doctors.

We’re spending the last few days/weeks together as a family of 3. Dan and I were both sad one day when we realized it won’t be just us and Nathan anymore. Last week I took my only day off from work this year to go to the beach together. We went to Manasquan, NJ which is a lot cleaner than the other NJ beaches….not much to do in terms of entertainment and family as they don’t have a boardwalk, but it was very quiet. I was perfectly fine without a boardwalk since I can’t walk too much anyway. Nathan was a bit sad when we left….we caught him looking reflectively at the ocean while we were packing up our things. I’ll post pics later.

Off on another date night to see the X-Files movie tonight. The critics didn’t give it great reviews, but I’m such a fan. I’ll let you know my thoughts. And don’t see Wanted in the theater….bad storyline and it was so outlandish. Some cool action scenes, but I felt like they copied a little bit of Matrix….save it for a rental if you want to see it.

2 Comments:

Blogger yellowinter said...

i totally thought of you when i heard about x files. hope you'll enjoy it. it's great that you're able to enjoy these last few moments with N before his lil sister comes along. and i totally agree that it's nice to have a smaller than larger baby. N was 7lbs 7 oz, which is totally normal, but it was HARD getting him out. plus, he had a huge head. :) i'm amazed that you were able to gain just 26. amazed, really. and amazed that i'd gained 50. shish! don't even think about what those peeps are saying. i thought you looked absolutely fabulous!

8/07/2008 11:05 AM  
Blogger Soo said...

The final stretch! Hang in there! Ignore what other people are saying, you look great! People tell me that I don't even look pregnant... makes me wonder that I must just look fat! Argh. I never dilated at any of my visits with Caleb, just started with the preterm contractions 2 days before and then just started dilating all in one day. I don't think we will be in the hospital at the same time at the rate you are going:)

8/12/2008 12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home