Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Monday, June 12, 2006

Boss is Back

So my manager in our Dallas office took a 7 week sabbatical from work. I thought it would have been an easy 7 weeks, but boy was I wrong. It's always fun when the boss isn't around, but I think this was the most stressful 7 weeks. I never thought I would say this, but I was actually looking forward to our boss coming back to work. Personality conflicts, power trips, control issues all came into play with our department. What makes it more difficult is that our department is spreadout between myself, Dallas and San Diego office. Unfortunately I saw some real ugly sides to some of my co-workers who were not getting along with each other. It got so bad that I heard they called our boss at his home to deal with this problem. What a mess. He had left me in charge of certain things and all I have to say is that I'm glad I'm not in a managerial position. I never realized how many questions he answers and all the things he's responsible for. Too stressful! Guess that's why they get paid the big bucks. I'm so thankful that he's back today to take back control of everything and put the responsibility back on him! I know people may think I'm not ambitious in my career because I don't want to move up the ladder and go into management, but I'm really comfortable at where I am. I have no desire to be in that high position with the high stress level and responsibility on you. I prefer to do the work and detail. It helps that I have a boss who's not a control freak, who's very laid back and trusts me with my work.

1 Comments:

Blogger yellowinter said...

he probably trusts you because you do a great job! yeah, administrative and managerial jobs don't tempt me either. too much politics...

6/12/2006 10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home