Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Monday, October 09, 2006

1st Day At Work

So my first day at my new job was kind of uneventful. Showed up, unpacked my boxes and got everything situated. I was definitely spoiled from my last company as they were a bit more organized for new hires (although technically I'm not a new hire). There was no classroom training, no free coffee and drinks, etc. I had to go through this sad online reading for a few minutes. The one bright spot was that I saw someone who left my old company a year ago. I had no idea she was in my building, so it was a nice surprise. Everybody else I know who works for GMAC works in one of the other 4 buildings. I can't wait until we merge into Fort Washington late next year...that way I can see everybody again. A bunch of people from my last company who now works for my new company gets together once a month for lunch...they included me in on their outings which will be a nice little reunion. I guess we'll always be tied together no matter who we work for as we had that bond working for a smaller place.

So far everybody seems nice, but I feel as though I have to be cautious. I definitely want to start fresh and not leave a bad impression with anybody. All it takes is for one person to think badly of me and it'll spread, depending on the source of course. Funny how important my reputation is....I had a few bad experiences with people back stabbing me and spreading false rumors, so I'm a bit self conscious about that.

3 Comments:

Blogger RBK said...

good luck with the new job! it sounds like your old job was a tight-knit place. i'm sure you'll keep in touch with everyone.

10/10/2006 3:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie....as I've mentioned to you before, you're in the real world now. It's rare for a company to provide free gourmet coffee, free bottled spring water, free soda, cruise trips to Europe, nice bonuses every year, brand new computer equipment and lcd monitors every 2 years, lavish Christmas and summer picnic parties with lavish gifts every year, and more. But it's all worth it because now you get a chance to work in what looks like a more professional environment where they treat employees with alot more r-e-s-p-e-c-t eh?

10/10/2006 11:11 PM  
Blogger Soo Han said...

Good luck with the new job. It's always tough when you leave a work environment you loved and have been there for a while. Just be yourself and you'll be fine. You can't change how other people are going to be so don't worry. You'll be great at this new company and your position!

10/12/2006 2:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home