Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Friday, October 06, 2006

The End of an Era

So today was my last day @ work. It's amazing how much junk you accumulate in 6 1/2 years. I must've filled at least 10 trash cans in the past 2 weeks. It was strange seeing my cubicle completely empty. After loading up 4 boxes in my car, I said my sad goodbyes to my co-workers. Some I'll see again when we merge all the Horsham offices to Fort Washington late next year and others I'll never see again. I told myself I wouldn't cry, but I almost lost it a few times when some of them started to cry or get emotional. The realness of everybody slowly leaving is starting to make some of them panic as some don't even have new jobs yet. Honestly, I think they'll end up closing earlier than February as they're already down from 90 employees to about 45 by the end of this month. Essentially I'm just going to our sister company and even though I'm considered an internal transfer and keeping all my years of service, benefits, etc., leaving to go to a brand new building and new department just feels like the end of an era. It was great working in a small building of 90 employees. There's just a closeness you won't get working in a big building of at least 3,500 employees.

As I gave my access card and walked out of the building for the last time, I got this strange sad feeling and reality of not being able to return and the emptiness the building will be in a few months. But at the same time, it'll be nice to start fresh on a new journey to meet new people and to learn a different side of the mortgage industry. Wish me luck Monday!

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweetie....just wanted to thank you for your hard work and supporting Nathan and I in the past few years. It's been a wonderful ride with Homecomings F. ....one in which God has orchestrated perfectly. Thank you LORD!

10/08/2006 6:47 PM  
Blogger yellowinter said...

Hope you're having a great day at your new work! It was so weird for me to leave the building with all my stuff that last time. You get so attached to the people you see day in and day out. Hope and pray that you will develop close and meaningful relationships and support network at your new job.
Congrats again!

10/09/2006 9:44 AM  
Blogger jsk said...

Ditto KRL's sentiments. Hope your transition is easy. Let us know how your day went!

10/09/2006 9:59 AM  
Blogger Allie said...

Hope all is good at your new job. It's such a blessing that the transition happened so smoothly and quickly.

Let us know how it goes. I'll be praying. :)

10/09/2006 10:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home