Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Thursday, October 19, 2006

Mechanic Trustworthy?

Can we really trust those car dealer service/maintenance people? I mean, how do we know they really did an oil change, inspection or rotation of the tires? For all I know, they just reset the computer in my car and put on the inspection sticker to say it was done. I recently took my Honda Accord to the Honda dealer in Conshohocken. They were one of the most rudest people I’ve dealt with. I only went to them because they offered a free shuttle service to my workplace during the day and they gave us a free inspection because we bought our car there. Talk about bad service. When I had my Saturn, I have to say that the Saturn servicemen are the nicest people I’ve ever met. You never felt like they were taking advantage of you because you were a woman or that they were ripping you off (which is how I felt at the Honda dealer). The Saturn customer service is what I miss the most and would have been the only reason why I ever bought a Saturn again. I never realized how important customer service is and how important it is to find a mechanic you trust….I love that Seinfeld episode where Jerry shares how difficult it is to find that mechanic. When you do find him, you don’t want to let him go…..so true!

4 Comments:

Blogger RBK said...

i hear ya. i never go to a dealer anymore for service. i think i found a pretty good mechanic where i live, but you really never know if they did anything and/or if you're getting ripped off. those jiffy lube folks are sketchy, too.

10/19/2006 8:04 PM  
Blogger yellowinter said...

yeah, we needed a huge job done after we got here, and found an AWESOME mechanic who deal only with hondas. it's weird, but i have full confidence in these people. one of the things that worry me about moving back to philly is losing our mechanic! it's just really difficult to find one that's good. i found these people online at www.cartalk.com (npr show) maybe you could look it up to find one in philly.
bad customer service sucks! leaves such a bad taste in your mouth.

10/19/2006 8:36 PM  
Blogger Soo Han said...

I know... so hard to trust mechanics. You hope they are doing everything they are suppose to but you never know unless you check it out yourself. I used to go to a mechanic in West Chester who really took care of me and the car... I really trusted him.

10/19/2006 9:53 PM  
Blogger jsk said...

I used to always take my Ford to the dealership where I bought it from while it was still under warranty. I was on a first name basis with the service manager because he saw me so often. I have to say that I miss that familiarity but the actual quality of service was lacking at times. One time a mechanic forgot to put the oil dipstick back in! HK can brush most things off but when it comes to car repairs, he thinks they're all out to get you.

10/20/2006 9:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home