Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Not Laid Off!

For those of you who follow the business news, you may have heard that my company let go 3,000 employees today throughout the U.S., U.K and Canada. Thankfully I’m safe, but what upset me was that the official announcement was not made to us employees until later this morning. The media already printed the article early this morning.

Communication is terrible here……give the employees the courtesy first before announcing it to the public! Anyway, it was sad today as some people were crying. From my dept of 40, we let go 6 of them. I was already told 2 weeks ago that I was safe and being moved up to a higher level (above and outside the mortgage level). I’m just thankful that God really provided and that He “placed” me in a good department. I thought about how worried I was last year about finding a new job and got upset that the other positions I applied for didn’t pan out. God really does know what He’s doing as He had me wait for this position. Had I taken the other positions, I would have been laid off. Just goes to show how little faith and trust I have in Him at times.

5 Comments:

Blogger Soo said...

Glad to hear you did not get laid off. God is good! A good friend of ours just got laid off at Josh's work. No notice at all. They just told him and he left mid afternoon. The timing couldn't be worse.

10/17/2007 11:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

good to hear.
got your message. i'll let you know when i'm around philly.

10/17/2007 11:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's always nice to hear how God works in our lives. I'm just like you, so impatient and wanting to move at my own pace. I guess there's nothing wrong with wanting good things for ourselves, but it's not trusting in God that's the problem.

I know it might sound strange, but being laid-off isn't always the worst thing in the world. It would hurt at first, and the way your company went about it is bush league, but it might be a kick-start to finding an even better situation. That being said, I'm glad you weren't laid off.

10/18/2007 8:26 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

PTL!! So glad you are safe.

10/19/2007 10:42 AM  
Blogger yellowinter said...

so glad to hear. thankful to know that He is indeed taking good care of His children. :)

10/22/2007 1:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home