Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Sunday, November 04, 2007

Big Bed!

Nathan is finally moved to the big bed! We've had an adult twin bed in his room since he was born (it was actually my bed I've had since high school). I was afraid of moving him there since he moves around so much at night. We would hear his head banging around in the crib and he fell off the bed every night when we were in the Bahamas. So we bought bed railings to attach to my bed, but one night last week when I checked on him before I went to bed, he managed to climb out of his crib in the dark and was sleeping in the big bed! Every night he wants to sleep in the "big bed" without a fuss. Amazingly he hasn't fallen out of the bed once in the past week. If this keeps up for the next few weeks, we're going to return the railings since he obviously doesn't need it. So glad this is one battle we didn't have to fight....now if we can only get him potty trained (I would ask him if he wants to poop in the potty and he says, "No, poop in diaper")! Just goes to show that in all these milestones we need to wait until they're ready.

4 Comments:

Blogger Allie said...

Wow,that's awesome. That's so cute that he climbed out of his crib and went into the big bed.

Jadyn refuses to go in the potty. I can't wait till she does.

11/04/2007 10:05 PM  
Blogger yellowinter said...

wow, that's great. hooray for N!!! and thanks for the great reminder too.

11/05/2007 8:51 AM  
Blogger RBK said...

that's hysterical that he climbed out of his crib to be in the big bed! hurray!

11/05/2007 1:29 PM  
Blogger Soo said...

Wow! Awesome. At least you didn't have to fight him into going into the bed.

11/09/2007 2:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home