Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Thursday, November 22, 2007

Still...

not pregnant. It's been 4 months now and I'm about ready to break down. What makes it more difficult is that certain people at church constantly ask me each month if I'm pregnant....for crying out loud, if I'm pregnant I'll let everybody know as soon as I find out! You can tell that these people are "fertile myrtles" as they have no idea what it's like to struggle with this issue. It must be nice to be able to plan your pregnancy whenever you want to have your baby. Those people in church who struggled up to a year to get pregnant (or were never able to have children) are more sensitive and know not to ask me every week. I've been trying to relax and not think about it, but I don't know how to do this. It really doesn't help when people constantly ask me....I almost feel like I'm trying to get pregnant to please these people. For some reason God isn't allowing this to happen and I'm having a hard time accepting this. Sorry this post was pretty negative and a downer, but I need prayers: to help me to relax, not dwell on this issue and to not get upset everytime people ask me. If His plan is for me to not have children again, I need to accept this as well. Dan said to not go to that extreme as it's only been 4 months, but I feel like I need to be prepared for the worst case scenario.

4 Comments:

Blogger RBK said...

that stinks that people are like that, huh? maybe hubs should ask people, point blank, not to ask anymore. i agree that it adds unnecessary pressure... stress that doesn't help the cause! i totally agree with Dan, too, that it's only been 4 months and you shouldn't worry about it. easier said than done, i know!

11/22/2007 10:16 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

It must be so frustrating with those annoying people asking... I'm sure they are just so excited to hear but... some courtesy should be exercised. I will keep you in my prayers. It has only been 4 months... All my doctors told me that it takes most couples at least a year of trying to conceive... don't be discouraged... Just keep trying and have fun with it.. ;)

11/23/2007 12:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha, fertile myrtle. I don't know why, but that cracks me up. I guess I don't hear too many English jokes nowadays.

Sorry to hear that things aren't going as you planned. It's hard not having control sometimes of your life. Until Ran's story, and now yours, I had no idea how difficult it could be to start a family. Gosh, more stuff to worry about.

11/23/2007 2:19 AM  
Blogger Soo said...

I understand how you feel. It is difficult when people constantly ask when are you having number 2. Sometimes you just want to yell, "it is none of your business" or "we're trying and we'll tell you when we are pregnant". I'm thankful that my church family knows not to ask me but that may be because they also know I had a miscarriage a few months ago. Some days I can smile and just respond, "maybe one day or we are trying" and walk away. Other days, I have told people I had a miscarriage and we are waiting alittle bit. Sometimes I tell them but feel bad because then they feel bad. It can take up to 1 year for some people. We have been trying for almost 2 months and I know how disappointing it is when you know you are not. Hang in there sister! Just remember God is good and he is always faithful to us. Will lift you up in my prayers!

11/30/2007 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home