Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Nathan's Prayer

Our whole household has been sick the past few weeks. Somebody's daughter at church came in with a bad cough, leaky nose and leaky eyes. She then passed it on to Nathan, who ended up with the flu. Then Dan got an upper respiratory infection, then I got a cold. We've been so miserable and couped up in our house. We had to miss out on a Valentine's date night with free babysitting provided by our church, a close friend's son's birthday party, church, small group, etc. I even worked from home for 4 days to avoid infecting my co-workers. Nathan is all healed now and Dan and I are still recovering. This is the first time in our marriage that we've been sick together at the same time. Dan rarely gets sick...I think he's only been sick 4 times in the 7+ years we've been married. Note to the whole family to get the flu shot next year. I'm the only one who got it this year and who knows if it would have been effective this year if Dan and Nathan got it. I've read that it was only 40% effective.

So, Nathan has been speaking so well these days and praying for us. Here's a sample of his recent prayers before he goes to bed. Note how he recounts his day backwards in his prayers:

"Dear Jesus, please heal Mommy and Daddy. They're sick (as he's stroking my arm). And help them sleep through the night peacefully. And my big stomach...mommy's big stomach, help baby grow in mommy's stomach (as he's patting my stomach). Thank you for bath time, for "mae mae", obey Mommy and Daddy, eat good dinner, take nap, go to library and storytime, eat breakfast. Thank you for the food. In Jesus' name, Amen."

6 Comments:

Blogger RBK said...

oh, i hope everyone feels better soon! Nathan's prayer is so cute... is mommy's belly really that big? :)

2/29/2008 7:56 AM  
Blogger yellowinter said...

wow, that's and amazingly well-said prayer by a 3 year old. so sweet. hope you are better soon.

2/29/2008 8:12 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i told dan that i was going to visit this week. but he said no b/c everyone was sick...hope ya'll get well!!

3/03/2008 9:54 AM  
Blogger Soo said...

Still sick? I hope you feel better soon! I woke up with a sore throat the last 2 days and now have allergies on top of that! Josh has only been really sick twice since we've been married. One of those times he said that now he knew what I went through for 9 months with Caleb.

What a cute prayer Nathan says before bed! We have been trying to do that with Caleb but he just talks about being thankful for food "thank you for food". I guess he needs some more time and practice.

3/03/2008 4:20 PM  
Blogger Allie said...

So precious.

3/05/2008 9:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha, awesome prayer. I should learn to pray more like him.

7/07/2008 1:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home