Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Thursday, June 12, 2008

Summer Movies

Hubby and I are trying to go on as many movie dates as possible before this baby comes out. We’re looking forward to seeing Indiana Jones, Batman – The Dark Knight and X-Files – I Want To Believe (I’m a huge X-Files fan and have been looking forward to this movie). The Hulk looks good too as I like Ed Norton…hopefully this movie is better than the last horrible Ang Lee version! We just saw Iron Man this past weekend. If you haven’t seen this movie, you need to see this! The storyline was great and I liked how they showed how he became Iron Man. I thought it was better than Transformers. The chemistry between Robert Downey Jr and Gwyneth Paltrow was perfect....not too much, but very subtle. I read they’re going to now make a 2nd movie.

Side note for those of you who are Rambo fans: don’t watch the new Rambo movie that came out earlier this year! Absolutely no storyline as this was just filled with gore and graphic violence. Very disturbing images of children being killed. I swear Sylvester Stallone had no more than 3 sentences in this movie. I read that this Rambo movie had the most killings (236 – an average of 2.59 killings per minute). Don’t waste your time/money seeing this….there goes an hour and a half of my life that I won’t get back!

5 Comments:

Blogger Allie said...

hahahahah! Unfortunately for me, I have to see the new Rambo... I heard it was a flop but...

There are so many good movies coming out this summer. I would watch as many of them if I could. Let me know what you think of them.

I heard Iron man is a great movie. I have to wait for it on DVD.

6/12/2008 5:04 PM  
Blogger yellowinter said...

definitely go see all those movies. as many date nights as possible! :)
wow, D is lucky that you like all those action movies. i used to not mind it, but these days, as my opportunity to watch movies are so lacking, i tend to want to watch more chick flicks. i made C go watch iron man and indiana jones with our brothers. :) maybe i'll go see the x-files movie with him. i was surprised to find myself enjoying the last one. :)
and yes, i like ed norton too.

6/13/2008 1:15 PM  
Blogger Soo said...

You are brave to go see movies. I know I'll have to leave sometime during it to use the bathroom. At least at home, we can pause it. Have fun!

6/16/2008 6:21 PM  
Blogger RBK said...

you're lucky you have a baby sitter to go watch movies! yeah, rambo is not for me. i'm looking forward to batman, though :)

6/18/2008 10:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I saw the Incredible Hulk. Better than the Ang Lee version, but the Hulk still looks animated. It's amazing how picky we are now. I remember when everybody thought Toy Story was so great.

Saw Iron Man - great. Have no desire to see Rambo. Saw Narnia, had to go to the bathroom the whole time so it ruined the experience for me. Kung Fu Panda was surprisingly good (love Jack Black!).

Can't wait to see the Dark Knight. Want to see X-Files, but after seeing Duchovny in Californication (by accident), no that excited anymore.

7/06/2008 11:07 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home