Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Leg Cramps

So the leg crampings have already begun. I’ve been reading about what I can do to relieve the pain or prevent it from happening. One website said to take extra magnesium, which some women claim works. It helps work together with calcium since magnesium relaxes the muscles while calcium stimulates muscles to contract. I was willing to try anything since nothing worked in my 1st pregnancy. One website listed some common food sources of magnesium:

1 oz. dried pumpkin seeds: 151.9 mg
• 1 oz. sunflower seeds: 100.5 mg
• 1/3 cup wheat germ: 90.9 mg
• 1 cup spinach spaghetti: 86.6 mg
• 1/2 cup boiled long beans: 84.3 mg
• 1 oz. dried unblanched almonds: 84.1 mg
• 1/3 cup tofu: 76.1 mg
• 1 cup nonfat yogurt: 43.4 mg

Seriously, who eats this stuff everyday and has this readily available in their kitchen?! The only thing I have is the tofu. Anyway, since I got different brands of free prenatal vitamins from my doctor, I tried the ones with and without magnesium. I swear when I took the ones with magnesium I’ve had no leg cramps, but the days I don’t take it, I start getting cramps in my leg and foot. So if you’re suffering from leg cramps, go ahead and try to take these supplements or make sure your vitamins have some magnesium in it (with your doctor’s approval of course).

AI prediction based on last night’s performance:
Who I think should go: Kristy Lee or Brooke
Who I think will go: Carly or Syesha

3 Comments:

Blogger yellowinter said...

what is wrong with me? i keep forgetting to watch AI!!!
i thought potassium in bananas helped. hmmm. good to know.

4/16/2008 10:30 AM  
Blogger Allie said...

carly? and Syesha? really... Wonder who will go... Cook's performance is the talk to the web...

I haven't experience any leg cramping yet... but I'm sure it'll come.

I'm due 7/23rd when are you due?

4/16/2008 12:37 PM  
Blogger Soo said...

I had them with Caleb. I remember waking up and crying and Josh would have to massage them to relieve the pain. I haven't gotten them yet but I felt one coming on the other morning... thankfully it went away on its own. I hope the vit with mag keep helping you and the foods you have listed. I never tried anything with Caleb... never thought of it. I think it was because I was more concerned about the constant vomiting.

4/18/2008 9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home