Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Tuesday, April 22, 2008

You're Getting Sooooo Big!

I'm definitely much bigger this pregnancy. I mistakenly looked at pics from my first pregnancy and saw pics from my baby shower when I was 8 months pregnant. I was shocked because the way I look now is how I looked in those pics. Very depressing. There's 2 co-workers who make comments about how huge I'm getting EVERYDAY! Seriously, when you start hearing comments everyday from Monday through Thursday, you start to think that you really are gigantic and that maybe something's wrong. These are some comments I hear daily, "You're getting sooo big!", "Wow, you're really popping out!" and "Wow, you're due at the end of August? You have a loong way to go." I actually got mad at one of the girls and told her to stop. I totally don't feel bad because she should be more sensitive about what she's saying. She's been pregnant before and from the pictures I saw of her when she was pregnant, I'm surprised at her insensitivity...she literally blew up everywhere in her body, including her face (she looks great now though). Ever since I told her to stop, she's stopped making comments, but I see her obviously looking at my stomach everytime I walk by her. Am I being overly sensitive here? Hubs keeps telling me that I'm pregnant, not fat, but when you hear comments like this, you start to believe some of them. I even asked the doctor because I was concerned, but she said I was fine. I just have to stop comparing this pregnancy with the first one since I was so tiny. I'm just praying that this baby isn't huge. I was blessed that Nathan was small and only 6 lbs, so I'm feverishly praying this baby is small too.

Because I'm much bigger this time, my back is killing me each day. I only had back pain the last 2 months of the first pregnancy. The chairs at work do not support your back well. I've been doing almost everything possible to relieve the pain: walking around every 30 minutes, doing the back exercises, walking on the treadmill twice a week, elevating my feet, using a lumbar support pillow on my chair, getting short massages from hubby each night, etc. I'm debating whether to ask my boss to work from home 2 days a week instead of just on Fridays. The chairs at work are just killing me!

AI note: I was jumping up and down that Kristy Lee went home last week. My prediction this week is Brooke or Jason. They were just plain awful and boring. I do feel bad for Brooke - I have to agree with Paula for once though...if you mess up, you keep going and don't stop, especially since you have a band accompanying you. It was just so awkward to start over again and I felt really bad for her.

5 Comments:

Blogger Allie said...

I am in the same boat. Thank goodness, I don't have to go to work. I can hide out in my house, since I work from home. I'm feeling hungry all the time, now. Not a good thing... I'm sure you look good... You are probably all belly. I rather have a huge belly than being round everywhere. Just keep thinking... it's only temporary. (sigh)

OMG! Did Brooke really do that? She should go home...

4/23/2008 11:54 AM  
Blogger RBK said...

It's so hard to remember that everything about pregnancy is temporary. Gotta love insensitive ppl- I got belly stares all the time. Now I get chest stares b/c I'm nursing. Just stare at their bellies, too!

I felt bad for Jason, too. It was so obvious that he had no idea that "Memories" was a really well known song.

4/23/2008 1:56 PM  
Blogger Soo said...

I don't think people realize they are hurting your feelings when they make comments like this. I get the opposite in which people don't even think I'm pregnant which then makes me think... so I just look fat???!!! I got that with Caleb and this one. Each pregnancy is different and the fact that you may feel like you are bigger doesn't mean the baby is bigger. Well, I don't know why people are making those comments to you because you look great from the last time I saw you! And you are pregnant and can feel and want whatever... I think we deserve it!

4/23/2008 2:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

During my last pregnancy, a woman kept telling me that she was certain that I was having twins...despite knowing I was having ONE baby. She would rub my belly (without my consent!) and comment on my big belly....After a few times, I firmly said....DON'T TOUCH ME! and backed away from her.

Now, that I'm pregnant just two months after the first, I am carrying past pregger weight plus this pregnancy weight. I'm going to be huge by the end!!

4/25/2008 11:02 AM  
Blogger jl said...

I'm sure you look great. I've gained so much weight after having GL and people still think I'm pregnant. That's bad. At least you have an excuse! :)

I have no idea what's going on with American Idol. I didn't get into it this season...

4/30/2008 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home