Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Thursday, April 30, 2009

I Love New York!

Nathan and I returned from a wonderful 3 day trip to NYC visiting my sister. Nathan had tons of fun riding the train (NJ Transit) and the subway (he was shocked he didn’t have to wear a seatbelt!). We are definitely suburbanites as Nathan got tired very easily walking around the city. I’m actually sore myself from all that walking, but I ended up losing about 2 lbs just from the short trip (with all the walking New Yorkers have to do, it’s no wonder NY is considered to be one of the “skinniest city” as opposed to Philly being “a fat city”). It was funny watching Nathan look at all the tall skyscrapers during the day and all the bright lights at night. Our days were filled with visiting FAO Schwartz, Toys R Us in Times Square, Chinatown, stopping at all the water fountains and the playground in Central Park. I’m thankful for the beautiful weather we had and the good food…we had dinner one night in Chinatown and I got my taro bubble tea and green tea ice cream. Having that always completes my trip and puts a big smile on my face! It was a great bonding time for me and my son and for Nathan to spend time with his aunt and uncle. Also, it gave Dan a break from him and to spend time with Kaitlyn…he did say the house was very quiet and lonely at times!

AI note: how shocking was it that Adam was in the bottom 2?!!! I really hope the top 3 ends up being Adam, Danny and Kris.

1 Comments:

Blogger yellowinter said...

i'm so glad that you and N had such a wonderful time. it was probably the best time to visit in terms of weather. i'm sure N was thrilled to have mommy all to himself.
i do love new york as well. its energy is definitely unmatched. hope you and the family will have an occasion to visit the beantown one day also. :)

5/02/2009 12:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home