Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Wednesday, April 08, 2009

AI Top 8 Performance

Unfortunately my TIVO did not record the last 6-7 minutes of the show, so I was livid that it went over so much and that I completely missed Adam’s performance (I couldn’t extend my recording bcs hubby had 2 shows to record @ 9. He absolutely HATES AI and refused to let AI run into his shows). Seriously, Ryan needs to do a better job at keeping the show moving and the judges need to stop jabbering. If this is FOX’s way of forcing everybody to watch the show Live to get extra ratings, it’s just really evil. I managed to frantically (and obsessively) search for Adam’s performance and a kind soul posted it online….thank goodness for the internet! What would we have done in the pre-internet days?!

Favorite performance is Adam by far, although I think he was off on a note or two. But who cares? I don’t remember the last time Simon gave a standing ovation. I forgot to mention last week that I like Adam even more when he gave kudos to the band. I know how it is being in that "support" or "accompanying" role and being forgotten or unmentioned. The band does a lot of work behind the scenes and people don't give them enough credit. I can't imagine the amount of practice they do everyday for all those singers. Next favs would have to be Danny, Matt & Allison.

Worst performance has to be Scott. When I heard the intro to Survivor’s “The Search is Over”, I thought for sure Scott was going to be on the piano again. I was shocked to see him playing the guitar, but after hearing him play horrendously, it might’ve been better if he stayed at the piano. Give him props though for trying to come out of the comfort zone, however his vocals just don’t even come close to the others. The judges were being awfully nice to him and not being as harsh as he probably deserved. Hard to say who’ll be the bottom 3. It could be anybody: Lil, Anoop (even though he was good last night), Matt (because he’s been there b4 even though he did well and he was shorted on the judge’s comment). But Scott should definitely go home.

1 Comments:

Blogger yellowinter said...

finally got to see the show last night after our week-long fast from tv. :) Adam was really great. We had to listen to it on youtube also. There have been couple really iPod worthy performances this year. He actually sounded better than the original version. I'm glad Scott went. I guess Anoop will have to be next. :( then, Lil. Then... Dunno. At the end though, I think it will be Adam vs. Gokey. Hmmmmm... ;) can you tell I'm slightly obsessed?

4/13/2009 2:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home