Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Tuesday, April 14, 2009

Taxes

Talk about last minute, taxes are finally done in our house! If it were up to me, I would have them done in February, but Dan loves to put it off to the last minute. Last year was the first year we actually owed money, so we thought things would even out this year since Kaitlyn was born. We didn’t realize that the economic stimulus payments we received in 2008 for 2007 tax year gave us another $300 credit for her since our tax status changed in 2008, so we were thrilled we got that extra money. However, we got so many other credits we didn’t realize we were going to get, we got a huge refund. Most people are usually excited about getting extra money, but we actually want to owe. I always feel like the government is cheating us out of our money by keeping it throughout the year. I would rather have that money myself spreadout throughout the year!

In other sad news, I was sad and shocked to hear the passing of Harry Kalas, the Phillies broadcaster. I grew up listening to him while watching Phillies games. I can’t imagine listening to anybody else….it just won’t be the same anymore. At least he got to see the Phillies finally win the World Series and to call that final out.

1 Comments:

Blogger RBK said...

what? you want to owe taxes?! no you don't! you're too funny!
we're doing ours last minute, too. in fact, ours probably won't be in the mail until tomorrow. i should just hijack the operation from KCK so it gets done earlier.

4/14/2009 9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home