Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

18 Month Appt


So we went to Nathan’s 18 month appt yesterday and he’s growing very healthy. 32.5” for height (55th percentile), 22 lb for weight (10th percentile) and 18” head circumference (10th percentile). I was a bit sad because he was always in the 90th percentile for height, but the doctor assured me that toddlers will slow down their growth dramatically in the 2nd year and not grow as fast as they did in the 1st year. The doctor that we always request at the practice is only a Physician’s Assistant, but she’s the nicest and most thorough one there out of all the doctors and P.A’s (I wish I had her as my own doctor!). I love how she explains everything to us and as she’s checking him, she gives an update (ex. good heartbeat, strong lungs, great reflexes, softspot on his head is now closed, straight spine, etc.) I hated it when the other doctors checked him and didn’t say anything and I would have to ask if everything was ok. Nathan of course screamed the whole time while she was checking him and giving him the shots, so we had to hold him in our lap. He just started crying as soon as we put him on that table….for some reason he just knew it was going to be time for a checkup when he sat there. This may sound awful, but while he was getting his shots, he just looks so cute when he opens his mouth for a few seconds before the blood-curling scream comes out. Then a few seconds later as I hold him, he stops crying and these tears are still streaming down his face as he starts to smile. Sometimes I think he’s actually crying because we’re holding him down, not because of the actual needle. He always hated being restrained….even as an infant, he hated being swaddled.

Picture is a bit old from Easter, but I haven’t posted one in a while. He loves to hold his pencil during service. I need to get Dan to upload more recent pictures from his camera!

2 Comments:

Blogger Beannie's Log said...

Nathan used to be perfect through his 12 month appt. As soon as he hit 15 months, it all went downhill. I think he became "aware" at that point....

6/13/2006 4:08 PM  
Blogger jsk said...

Yeah, sometimes before B. is about to have a crying fit, he'll make this face where his mouth turns down and his bottom lip sticks out. I can't help but smile because he looks so cute!

6/13/2006 9:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home