Name:
Location: North Wales, PA, United States

I am a mother of a beautiful son and daughter, a full time worker for a mortgage company and a musician on the side playing piano and organ for local churches/schools/professional groups. I also have a wonderful husband who is a stay at home dad (a.k.a. SAHD)!

Thursday, June 15, 2006

Welcome Home

Here’s a review of a CD I just got and recommend for those who like this kind of genre:


Brian Littrell: “Welcome Home” – Brian Littrell was a Backstreet Boy and has put out his first solo album as a Christian album. Artists who usually record an album for the Christian market usually gets a little skepticism as people question their motives. However, I read an interview/article with him stating that he went into Christian music because it was about the message, not the sales. He’s shown his sincerity and heartfelt praise to God in the past. The music is exceptional on this CD. He has such a warm and passionate voice like a Sunday worship leader, yet it’s mixed with that pop voice of someone who’s a seasoned artist. There is a beautiful ballad (“Wish”) speaking about how wonderful it would have been to see Jesus as He was growing up and fulfilling God’s plan. There’s an emotional song about a mother searching for her son in the aftermath of 9/11 (“Gone Without Goodbye”). There’s also some great R&B/jazz songs and an a cappella version of “Jesus Loves You” with Take 6 and an intro from his 3 year old. Those of you who like boy bands and enjoyed the Backstreet Boys (I’ll admit it, I did like them!) will enjoy this album that’s long overdue. In a time where adult Christian contemporary pop music is declining, this album just may keep the genre going. Welcome home Brian.

3 Comments:

Blogger jsk said...

Funny, I was looking through an A/V catalog at work, and wouldn't you know, this CD was in it. I ordered a copy for the library. I have to admit too that I liked BB. Howie was my fave :).

6/19/2006 7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Boy bands are fun! I heard a backstreet boy came out with a xian cd... i'll pick it up.

6/25/2006 11:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice review, very professional sounding. I won't get it, but you got me thinking about it. Well, that's not true either. Anyway, nice review.

4/14/2007 10:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home